Eligibility for the Zell Miller Grant
All HOPE programs require students to meet basic requirements. An eligible student must:
- Meet HOPE's U.S. citizenship or eligible non-citizen requirements;
- Be a legal resident of Georgia;
- Meet enrollment requirements;
- Meet federal Selective Service registration requirements, per Georgia state law. The requirement to register applies to males who were born on or after January 1, 1960, are at least 18, are citizens or eligible non-citizens who came to the United States prior to age 26;
- Meet the Eligible Postsecondary Institution’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy;
- Be in good standing on all student loans or other financial aid programs;
- Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990;
- Not have exceeded the maximum award limits for any HOPE program.
Full-time enrollment is not required and students are not required to graduate from high school with a specific GPA, however, a minimum 3.5 postsecondary Calculated HOPE GPA, at the end of each term, is required in order to maintain eligibility. The first term of enrollment will be paid retroactively if the student has the required 3.5 postsecondary calculated HOPE GPA at the end of the term.