Eligibility for the Georgia National Guard Service Cancelable Loan
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the first day of the term of funding;
- Meet federal Selective Service registration requirements, per Georgia state law. The requirement to register applies to males who were born on or after January 1, 1960, are at least 18, are citizens or eligible non-citizens who came to the United States prior to age 26;
- Be an active member in good standing with the Georgia National Guard;
- Be enrolled at least half-time in a certificate, diploma, baccalaureate, graduate, or first professional degree program;
- Not be in default on a federal Title IV, State of Georgia educational loan, or owe a refund on a federal or State of Georgia student financial aid program;
- Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990.