General Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to typical questions about GAfutures.org, financial aid programs available through GSFC and how this website can help increase your access to postsecondary education.
- Why are some of the images not displaying properly in GAfutures?
- How do I create an account on GAfutures?
- What if I forgot my username and/or password?
- Where can I check MY HOPE GPA?
- What are rigor course requirements?
- Why am I receiving an "Invalid data" error message when applying for Dual Enrollment?
- What classes/courses are available for students participating in Dual Enrollment?
- Can I review my requested transcript?
Q: Why are some of the images not displaying properly in GAfutures?
A: GAfutures recently underwent system upgrades. If you are having trouble viewing images (images are missing or not displaying correctly). Please refresh your cache by pressing both Ctrl and F5 buttons simultaneously on your keyboard.
Q: How do I create an account on GAfutures?
Q: What if I forgot my username and/or password?
A: For convenience, GAfutures has a “Forgot your username?” and a “Forgot your password?” function on the sign in page. Passwords and Usernames can also be reset by:
- Answering previously chosen security questions
- Contacting designated staff (counselors and teachers) – an email with login assistance will be emailed to the email designated in student’s profile.
- Contacting GSFC at 800.505.GSFC or sending a Help ticket using the feature located at the top of GAfutures.
Q: Where can I check MY HOPE GPA? (Click here for more HOPE & Zell Miller scholarship frequently ask questions)
A: To check your HOPE Grade Point Average (GPA) (high school students only): Sign in to your GAfutures account. Be sure your Profile has your correct high school, SSN, date of birth and zip code. Click: My HOPE GPA link on the left hand side of your my GAfutures screen. Next, using the Navigation Alphabet, select the alphabet letter for the beginning of your high school's name and click on the box. (If this process does not help, check with your high school to verify if your transcript has been uploaded to GSFC.)
Q: What are rigor course requirements? (Click here for more HOPE & Zell Miller scholarship frequently ask questions)
A: Students graduating from an eligible high school must meet the rigor requirement as part of the eligibility criteria for the HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarships. Please consult your High School counselor for questions in regards to whether or not a course meets the rigor requirement.
- Graduate on or after May 1, 2016 – must earn three rigor course credits
- Graduate on or after May 1, 2017 and beyond – must earn four rigor course credits
Q: Why am I receiving an "Invalid data" error message when applying for Dual Enrollment?
A: Your profile information located in My GAfutures is either incomplete or does not match the existing data on file. Sign in to your GAfutures account and check your Profile information to make sure your date of birth, SSN, and ZIP code are correct and your high school is listed on your Profile. Then try completing your Dual Enrollment funding application again. If you are still having trouble, try changing your browser to Internet Explorer and clearing your browser history.
Q: What classes/courses are available for students participating in Dual Enrollment?
A: Approved courses for Dual Enrollment are listed in the Dual Enrollment Course Directory. Approved classes may include degree level or non-degree level courses in the five main academic areas (English, math, science, social studies and foreign language), as well as electives, career, technical and agricultural offerings.
The courses a student chooses each term must be listed on his or her Dual Enrollment funding application and must be approved by his or her high school and the postsecondary institution he or she will be attending.
Q: Can I review my requested transcript?
A: Once you have submitted your transcript request through GAfutures, your High School official will receive and fulfill your request by uploading your transcript into the system. Once this process has taken place you will have the ability to view your latest transcript by pressing the view button located in the My Transcript tab in My GAfutures.